Monday, October 1, 2012

Review of Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1)
Title: Perfect Chemistry
Author: Simone Elkeles
Published by: Walker Publishing Company, Inc.
Released: 2009
Summary: Brittany and Alex couldn't be more different. Brittany lives on the North side of town. She's pretty, rich, popular, and dating the star of the football team. Alex lives on the East side of town. He's poor, always getting into trouble, and belongs to the LB gang. But, when these two are partnered in chemistry class, their feelings for each other override their differences. They also find out that there is more to both of them then what is seen on the surface.
My Thoughts: I'm not really the biggest fan of the contemporary genre, but I'd heard really good things about this book and series so I thought I'd try it out. My verdict, this book was AWESOME. So not your average teeny-bopper romance. This book had more adult language and scenes and romance than I thought it would. Very steamy and a very muy caliente male lead.
I liked how there was more to these characters than could just be viewed from the surface. It did a good job of teaching that we really need to get to know someone before we judge and that people can be more complicated and deep than first impressions will lead us to believe. I also enjoyed the star-crossed lovers aspect. When it's done right, it can be epic and this one reached epicness.
The only thing that I didn't really like was how rushed it felt toward the end. How we missed chunks of time because the story suddenly jumped to the future. After going through a day by day basis with these characters, it was a little unsettling to randomly jump into the future.
All in all, I really enjoyed this book. It had a sweet/steamy romance, action, danger from the gang, and a happy ending. I really liked how the epilogue showed how they stayed together. I've become a fan and plan to read how the other Fuentes brothers fare in love. Just a really good romance.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 5/5
Muy Caliente!

No comments:

Post a Comment