Friday, January 18, 2013

Reading Right Now! Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins

I know I haven't done one of these posts in forever and I have been neglecting my blog. I'm very sorry for that. I'm going to try to do better and post like I had planned. I'm not sure that the Wednesday posts will still be a priority, but I'm going to try to make the Monday and Friday posts a sure thing. I once again apologize for being such a lazy, book blogging bum.
So this week, I've been reading Anna and the French Kiss. I'm on page 232 and am 62% done with the book. I have heard nothing but good things about this book. It's been pitched as a contemporary for people who don't really like contemporary. It's a pretty simple story. Anna is shipped off the Paris to attend a rich kids kind of boarding school. Anna's dad is a popular writer of many romantic/tragic stories that have been turned into movies (think Nicholas Sparks) At first, Anna is horrified to be leaving her friends and family for a foreign country and a new school. Upon reaching Paris, Anna makes new friends and meets dream boy St. Clair, who unfortunately is already taken. Flirting and cuteness ensue.
I'm really enjoying this story. It's soooo cute and adorable. I love the characters. St. Clair is a little dreamboat (but I think he'd be the total package if he were taller. Not really attracted to the short guys, but that's just me.) This story is also insanely addictive. It is virtual impossible to just sit down and read one page. It's a very quick read too. I'm really liking Anna's adventures in Paris and Stephanie Perkins writing style. It's just a fun, fluffy read (with some drama and sadness) that I would recommend for anyone to pick up. After finishing with Anna, I definitely plan on reading Stephanie's next book to find out what happens with Lola and the Boy Next Door.
Just cute, cute, super cute reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment