Monday, February 17, 2014

Review of: Soulless (Parasol Protectorate 1) by Gail Carriger

Title: Soulless (Parasol Protectorate 1)
Author: Gail Carriger
Published by: Orbit / Hachette Book Group
Released: 2009
Summary: Alexia Taribotti has many things working against her, Italian blood, spinster with no prospects, brash and aggressive manner, and she was born without a soul. In the hustle and bustle of Victorian London complete with vampires, werewolves, and ghosts. Alexia Tarabotti will take no prisoners. When Alexia inadvertently kills a crass and lisping vampire, she's thrust into a serious situation. Using her politeness and preternatural abilities, Alexia must cope with the handsome and bossy Lord Maccon, a plethora of bad hats, and people who are out to kill her. A true Victorian adventure.
My Thoughts: A very funny, witty, and highly enjoyable read. I wasn't sure I'd like this book when I first started, but after I got through the first chapter, I was hooked. The characters are what really make this story. Alexia, Lord Maccon, Professor Lyle, Ivy Hisselpenny, Lord Akeldama, and even Floote are such fun personalities to get to know. The humor is also evident and highly enjoyable in this story. The plot and action were top notch with a tiny bit of romance and romantic tension sprinkled in. Just a great, highly enjoyable adventure that will leave one breathless for more. This is a series I will definitely continue with.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
I really want to know what happened with that hedgehog. Oh to be a fly on that wall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment