Monday, March 3, 2014

Review of: The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg


Title: The Ice Princess ( Fjallbacka #1)
Author: Camilla Lackberg
Translated By: Steven T. Murray
Published by: Pegasus Books
Released: 2010
Summary: It's like the scene from a horror movie; a girl laying in a bathtub, slits in her wrists, blood on the floor, and frozen with icicles in her hair and eyelashes. This is the sight Erica Falck stumbles across. Not only is the girl dead, but she also used to be a best childhood friend of Erica's. Determined to solve the mystery of Alex's life and death, Erica teams up with detective Patrik Hedstrom to uncover the dark secrets that hide in the town of Fjallbacka.
My Thoughts: This book took me a little while to read, not because it was bad or boring, it just went along in a little bit of a slow way. It also could have taken me a little while to read it because of me being distracted by other things.
I enjoyed this book. I'd already read one of Camilla Lackberg's mysteries before, and thought I'd better start at the beginning of the series. Her mysteries are enjoyable, with lots of twists and turns and surprising who-done-its. I also really like this Swedish town that her series is set in. I've become quite a fan of these Swedish mysteries hitting the English market. My favorite character in this book was Patrik Hedstrom. He just seems like such a nice, fun, easygoing guy and he does some pretty good police work. I don't always enjoy Erica Falck. She can be quite a grump and a bit of a know-it-all, Nancy Drew type.
The mystery aspect of the book was pretty good. I figured out some things leading up to the conclusion, but was totally thrown for a loop on who the actual killer was. I very much enjoyed this mystery and plan on reading the rest of the books in this series.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3/5
Crimetastic!
You won't know who-done-it until the very last page.

No comments:

Post a Comment