Friday, December 28, 2018

Reading Right Now! (189)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


Unaccompanied Minor (#1) by Hollis Gillespie and I'm enjoying it. It's about this girl named April Mae Manning who has a complicated family life, which has resulted in a convoluted custody arrangement between her adopted father (who she hates) and her mother who is currently residing in a mental institution. They both work for an airline. April gets so fed up with her adoptive father that she runs away. She hops from airport to airport, plane to plane. She knows the ins and outs of airports, so it's fairly easy for her to book herself on a flight and live in airport lounges. Then one of the flights she's on gets hijacked.
The FBI agents are trying to get the story of what happened out of her, but April likes to ramble, so those poor FBI people are in for a long, drawn out story.
I'm a little over halfway through, and I'm enjoying it. April Manning is a precocious teenager. She's annoying, but she's funny. She's resourceful too. If I was one of the grown-ups trying to interview her, I'd pull my hair out. She's amusing though.

That's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment