Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Happy New Year!!!

It's 2019!! How is that possible?
So since it's a new year, I should set some goals. No promises of sticking to them.

GOODREADS 2019 READING CHALLENGE SET AT 55 BOOKS

I shouldn't have a problem with this one because I read 77 books in 2018. I would love to one year read 100, but that might never happen. I did read less in 2018 than I did in some previous years, so I guess I would like to make more time for reading, which would mean less time distracted by social media.

READ MORE BOOKS FROM MY SHELF

I have a book hoarding problem. I have a lot of books that I own that I haven't read, it takes me forever to get to them. I check out a lot of library books. I would like to read more books from my physical shelf.

GET BETTER AT READING ARCS-- BE IT NETGALLEY OR PHYSICAL

One of the coolest things, I think, is to get arcs/early copies of books in the mail from authors and publishers. Also I love getting arcs on Netgalley. I'm awful at reading them. Maybe I can try to read at least one ARC a month. We'll see. Even as I'm typing this, I have no faith in myself. But I need to read my arcs so I'll have good stats on social media and publishers will know that I'm legit for reviewing and sharing the stuff that I get.

FINISH SOME SERIES

I finished a couple series in 2018 and it felt good. It's such a feeling of accomplishment, so I'd like to finish some in 2019 too.

KEEP UP WITH POSTING ON MY BLOG, GOODREADS, AND INSTAGRAM

I feel like I stepped it up in 2018 with posting to my blog and instagram. I want to continue the trend of being active on those platforms. I want to make sure I don't leave books on my Goodreads Currently Reading Shelf forever, because that's my laziness. And I've been tossing it around in my head if I want to get back to making booktube videos. If I did, I'd like to do those vlog style reading videos, because those are fun to watch. I really enjoy booktube and I should get back to making my channel more active. I also want to continue the growth I had with my blog and instagram in 2018. I know it shouldn't be all about numbers, but it does feel good when you see those numbers go up. I'd also like to try out (and maybe get accepted) for some rep opportunities.

Those are some of my loose goals for 2019. In truth, I'm awful at sticking to goals, so we'll see how I do. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment