Friday, August 12, 2022

Reading Right Now! (340)

 I have reappeared with a Reading Right Now! post.
I have been very lazy when it has come to doing anything on the computer when I get home from work. All the things have been suffering because of it.
So, what I've just finished and what I'm Reading Right Now! is...

Just Finished

 The Duke Undone (#1) by Joanna Lowell - This was my first read for the Orilium Magical Readathon, which I'm so excited is back. I also got a review copy of this through Netgalley and read a physical copy from my library.
I liked this, but I don't think I was ever smitten by the couple. I just don't think they had the strongest chemistry. I really liked the writing and the backstory for both characters. Duke Weston's story takes more of a center stage than Lucy's. I would have liked more of Lucy's art world stuff. I did enjoy the story a lot, and I'd plan on reading more from the series. The Duke sounded like a very attractive man, so there's that.
 
Currently Reading

 All These Bodies by Kendare Blake - I've been wanting to read this one since I first heard about it, but every time I tried to get it in the library, it wasn't available. I finally saw it one the shelf and grabbed it. I really enjoy Kendare Blake's writing and stories. I've read about half of Blake's books, and I definitely plan on reading the rest.
I'm really enjoying this one so far. It's set in 1958 and a series of murders has been plaguing the Midwest. At the last murder, a strange girl is found covered head to toe in blood. The sheriff's son wants to be a journalist and gets involved in this case. 
It's all told from the point of view of the Sheriff's son and you can tell he's telling it from sometime in the future.
I'm interested and I can't wait to read more of it.
 
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment