Friday, September 30, 2022

Reading Right Now! (342)

 Another week where I'm just tired 90% of the time. I'm pretty happy with my book selections for the week. One is a backlist book that I've been meaning to read for quite a while. The other is a random find from the library.
So, what I'm Reading Right Now! is...
 


Zero Day (The Hatching #3) by Ezekiel Boone -- This is a book that I've been meaning to read for a long time, and I'm finally getting to it! Yayy me! This series is about killer spiders, and they are terrifying. Umm, it's been quite a while since I read the first two books in the series, so I don't really remember a lot of the particulars, just the general stuff. This switches between multiple people and perspectives. Reading this will finish a series, and it will also be my Z for my ABC challenge. Z is such a hard letter to find.
 I'm liking this so far. It's quick. I'm only 50 pages in, so the spiders have been relatively quiet.


The World of Lore: Wicked Mortals (#2) by Aaron Mahnke -- This was a random library find and I'm glad I picked it up. I originally thought it was a fiction story, but it's not. It's a book that's based on a podcast of the same name. This podcast also got turned into an Amazon Prime show. I knew nothing of either of those things when I picked up this book. This series explores the darkness of our past. This novel focuses on some murderers, and how their stories kind of fascinate us. It's really interesting. I like how it's written. It's illustrated really nicely. It's a well designed book. I'll definitely read more from this series. 
I'm reading this one in little chunks. So far, it's covered the topics of the fear of changelings that led to a real murder, and Dr. H.H. Holmes and his Murder Castle. Super interesting.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading? I'm definitely starting with the spooky and scary for almost October.

No comments:

Post a Comment