Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review of: Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1)
Title: Confessions of an Angry Girl
Author: Louise Rozett
Published by: Harlequin TEEN
Released: January 4, 2012
Summary: Rose's life fell apart with one phone call. The death of her father changes her family. Her brother goes off to college, her mom checks out, and Rose gets angry. Rose now has to navigate the highs and lows of high school,  endless sex discussions with her friend Tracy, and deal with a crush on a hot, older boy named Jamie Forta. What's an angry girl to do?
My Thoughts: I thought this book was an okay read. It's very short and has an enjoyable writing style. I want to thank Netgalley and Harlequinn TEEN for giving me the chance to review this book. I would recommend this for readers who love contemporary novels where characters have to deal with real life issues and tragedy. It could also be a good story for people who have experienced their own tragedies, because they would probably be able to understand Rose, the emotions that she's feeling, and the journey she's going through.
This book didn't really have that much exciting stuff going on in it. I was interested in reading about Rose's life, but I wasn't gripped by anything that happened throughout the novel. I also thought this novel was full of very awkward scenes. I had trouble believing Rose was 14 when she was put in much more mature sorts of situations. I think 14 was a little too young for a lot of stuff that was happening in this book and thought she should have at least been 16 or 17. I thought the subject of sex was a little excessive. I could just be a complete prude or innocent, but my 14 year old freshmen self wasn't anything like Rose. The situations just felt much too mature for a 14 year old.
I found the gynecologist scene to be uncomfortably awkward. I don't understand why Rose went or agreed to that appointment in the first place. She's too young for that stuff. 
While I did enjoy Confessions of an Angry Girl, I did have trouble finding certain aspects believable. It was an okay story and I will read on to see what happens next in Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3/5
Not a bad read for Contemporary Lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment