Saturday, October 18, 2014

Reading Right Now! (#15)

Title: Shadowlark (Skylark #2)
Author: Meagan Spooner
I'm on page 123 of 327 so that makes me 38% done with the book.

I just finished the first book, so I decided to jump right in to the second one. My main reason for doing that wasn't necessarily because of an undying love for the series, but rather because I checked this book out from my library through an inter-library loan, so returning it and then checking it back out would have been a teeny tiny bit of a hassle and wait. At the ending of the first book, I was a little intrigued as to what was going to happen next.
To be perfectly honest, I didn't love the first book. I just thought it was an average read with a main character that was annoying at times. This second book is so far slightly better than the first. The reader is still with Lark as she journeys through the wilderness, tries to understand her powers, and tries to find her brother. Lark still manages to annoy me at various points in the story. The new place they are in is interesting, so I'm curious as to what's going to happen there. Also I'm curious as to what is going to happen with Oren. I do like Oren and want things to work out for him.
So yeah, I really don't have that much more to say. So far I'm thinking it is just going to be an average series, average read. The world, while confusing, is sometimes interesting. I still want to know more about these past wars and how they managed to destroy the world.
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Are you reading anything good? Do you have any suggestions for what I should be reading? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment