Monday, July 9, 2018

Review: Chew, Volume 10: Blood Puddin' by John Layman and Rob Guillory


Title: Chew, Volume 10: Blood Puddin'
Written by: John Layman
Art by: Rob Guillory
Published by: Image Comics
Released: August 2015
Source: Library

Summary: The Collector is going down! Tony Chu is angry. The Collector has been a pain for quite a while, but he crossed the line when he messed with the Chu family. Tony is determined to have his revenge and he'll do it alone.
John Colby, former partner of Tony Chu, and current recipient of the silent treatment did something drastic. He did it for Tony. John must find a way to mend this friendship and help Tony defeat the Collector.
Can they do it? Maybe...
My Thoughts: Oh Chew, I Love You So. One of my favorite graphic novel/comic series EVER!! Yeah, I said it. After the SHOCKING ending of Volume 9, Volume 10 wasn't as crazy exciting. This Volume was darker. Tony was angry most of the time, very angry. I don't think this is my favorite Volume of the series. Not that it was bad, there's just been more exciting and fun Volumes. 
This Volume also contained the epic battle with the Collector. The series has been building up to this for a while, so my expectations were high-ish. I felt like everything happened and was over pretty quickly. I was maybe expecting a little more, a longer battle.
I'm scared that I'm getting near the end of Chew. I don't want it to end. This Volume wasn't my favorite of the series, but I did enjoy it. Can't wait to see what happens next!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Angry Tony is Angry

No comments:

Post a Comment