Friday, January 22, 2021

Reading Right Now! (287)

Do you remember that TBR Game I keep mentioning in a bunch of my current posts? Deck Of TBR? A game based on a deck of cards, book prompts, and a board I made myself and I got the idea from BooksWithMaddi on youtube? Well, I am pleased to say that I'm reading my last book that I picked in the January Edition of that game. I'm very pleased with myself, obviously, and I'm excited to see what I'll pick for February.
So, what I'm Reading Right Now! is...
 

Six Wakes by Mur Lafferty -- This is murder mystery in space with clones. We start off the story with all our crew waking up in newly cloned versions of themselves and discovering that a massacre took place, and someone killed them all. Everything has been wiped, including the last couple decades of their memories, so one of them has to be the killer, they just don't know who.
I've been wanting to read this book for a while because it just sounded so awesome and everything that I would love. I'm definitely enjoying it. I'm not sure if it's blowing me out of the water like I thought it would, but I might have just over hyped myself.
It has a lot of discussion about humans versus clones. All these people started out as humans, but by choosing the clone life, they no longer are human. Clones have different rules they have to live by. It's definitely an interesting rabbit hole to go down, but I'm not sure if I needed it. I would have been fine if it has just been a thrilling game of who's the killer in space. I mean, it is that, but it's sprinkled extra philosophical bits in.
But once I finish this, I will have finished every book I picked for my Deck of TBR January 2021 Edition! Yayy.
 
I don't know what exactly I want to read next, so I have options.
 


  I've kind of been craving romance after my binge of Bridgerton on Netflix, (We're getting a Season 2 Yayy!) so Ride Hard (Raven Riders #1) by Laura Kaye has been calling to me. Or I could go with another spacey sci-fi read with Architects of Memory (The Memory War #1) by Karen Osborne. Or I could go with some YA Witchy Goodness with The Ravens (The Ravens #1) by Kass Morgan and Danielle Paige. Or I could go with Night Song by Beverly Jenkins. There is a romance book club on Instagram called @HistoricalHellions and this is the first book they are reading. As I said, I've been craving romance.
 
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! As for what I read next, I'm undecided, so you'll have to check back in next week to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment