Friday, April 9, 2021

Reading Right Now! (295)

 Hooray for the weekend! What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons #3) by Julia Quinn -- Benedict's story! This one is a Cinderella retelling. I do wish there had been a little more at their initial meeting. Benedict might be my favorite brother in the show, so I'm really hoping I like his book. Sophie is pretty good so far. She's had a tough life.
Bridgerton books are just really kind of fun to read. They just are.

Seven Deadly Shadows by Courtney Alameda and Valynne E. Maetani -- Sooo... this one is due back at the library tomorrow. I'm only 40% ish through and I'm going to try my best to finish it. *Laughs like the madwoman I am*
I honestly thought I had more time.
This is a very unique story. It feels like an anime or manga, which is cool. It's about a Japanese girl who witnesses an attack at her family's shrine. She learns that an evil being is going to come with the next blood moon looking for a very special artifact that could plunge the world into darkness. She must bring together seven Shinigami to save the world. She also has help from some Kitsune. 
It's totally it's own thing compared to a lot of YA books. It had a bit of a rough start and I'm not sure how I feel about the main character, but I'm definitely interested. It's got a very visual feel to it, which is why I think it would make a perfect anime.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment