Tuesday, April 3, 2012

March Favorites!

I'm back with my favorite books for the month of March. Sorry this blog has been a little inactive lately, but I've been a little busy. I'm going to try and be better and post stuff more often. So anyway, I didn't get a lot of reading done for the month of March, but I did have some favorites in the bunch that I read.
Title: The Agency: The Body at the Tower
By: Y.S. Lee
This book makes the list because I really enjoyed it. This is the second in The Agency Series which involves a secret female spy agency set in the Victorian time period which is like the 1860's. I really like the main character of this book, Mary. She is strong, resourceful, and smart. I like the love interest in the story and the interactions that him and Mary have. Also the book really immerses the reader in the Victorian time period, it's full of rich detail and imagery. I will continue reading this series simply because I enjoy it and want to know what happens next.

Title: Shadowed Summer
By: Saundra Mitchell
This one makes the list because it surprised me with how creepy the ghost story actually was. At first glance this book seems like a sort of middle grade book, which can be very enjoyable to read, but you don't really expect to be scared stiff while reading it, and this book did just that. The haunting that went on in this story was very scary and the main character was much braver than I would ever be. The book also is very atmospheric and it really brings Louisiana to life, I felt like I was there. The actual reasons behind the haunting is also well developed and revealed. The reason the ghost had for sticking around made sense, which is always a plus.


Title: The 39 Clues: One False Note
By: Gordon Korman
This is another book in a series that I read this month and I found it very enjoyable. The story is full of action, adventure, and cool history. I enjoy reading about Amy and Dan's adventures as they hunt for the mysterious clues and try to keep alive. I will continue on with this series and recommend it to anyone who wishes for a quick and enjoyable read.

Well that's it, my list for the month of March is complete. Hopefully I can get more books done in April and I hope to get better at keeping my blog updated. For everyone who has visited my blog, thanks! I would love if you decided to follow it, especially if you share my love of books! So that's it. Add these books to your reading lists because they are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment