Saturday, May 25, 2013

Reading Right Now! The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
Title: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
First off, that cover, that cover, That freakin', awesome, gorgeous cover. That cover is part of what drew me in to wanting to read this book. That, and of course all the praise and hoopla and awesomeness I've heard about it. 
I was kind of in a good mood today after work, and I realized that I hadn't posted a Reading Right Now! for Friday, so I said, what the heck I might as well do one.
This weekend, I'm reading a book that I've been super psyched and super intrigued to read. I've seen various booktubers and bloggers rave about this book, and I wanted to find out what was so super fantastic about it. Now, I'm not going to go really deep into what this book is about for two reasons. One, I'm not for sure myself what's really going on in this book and Two, I think part of the magic of a book like this is going into it with no idea what's going to happen or what it's even about. As for a synopsis, here you go. Mara Dyer mysteriously survives an accident that kills all her friends. She doesn't remember anything about the accident or her friends' deaths. In the hope of doing what's best for Mara, her family moves to Miami, Florida so she can get a fresh start. She's enrolled in a private school and meets the gorgeous and mysterious Noah Shaw and finds out that it's possible to fall in like again.
I'm on page 273, so I'm about 60% of the way through and I'm really enjoying it. I'm still not sure what the big secret is, or what is  actually going on with Mara and maybe even Noah, but I'm super pumped to find out. There's such a creepy, mysterious vibe about this book and it's super intriguing. If you haven't read this one yet, then get on it. So far it's really good and I can't wait to get to the end and see how this whole thing concludes.
And that concludes this Reading Right Now! Tune in for next weeks. Fingers crossed that I actually get around to posting one for next week. I'm trying to get better at this whole blogging thing. BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment