Thursday, May 8, 2014

Reading Right Now! (#7)

Why Oh Why am I so awful at keeping my blog updated!?!?! Sorry again for the absence. I feel like I say that all the time (maybe because I do *shame*). My only excuse for this absence is school and then laziness that followed school. I had a couple projects come due all in back to back weeks, so I was busy stressing, procrastinating, and then finally doing those, which is what pushed my blog to the backburner. This blog is like my book diary and I need to do a much better job of keeping it up to date and posted. But that's not why you came to this post, so anyway...
10779721
Title: Dead of Night (#1)
Author: Jonathan Maberry
I'm on page 280 of 358 pages, which makes me 78% done with this book.
So what I'm Reading Right Now! is Dead of Night by Jonathan Maberry. This is a zombie book and it is no surprise that I love my zombie books. I've read enough of Jonathan Maberry's books to know that I like him as an author. He seems to specialize in zombie fiction and I like reading his stuff. My favorite series from Jonathan Maberry would have to be his Rot & Ruin series. I LOVE that one, so if you haven't read it, then do.
I'm enjoying Dead of Night. The back story of the zombies is terrifying. The town of Stebbins was just ready for another normal day, sure there was a hurricane coming, but they could deal with that. Then the zombies come and ruin the day. What makes these zombies so terrifying is that the actual people are still inside the zombies, they are just not able to do anything to stop themselves. I think that would be the worst kind of horror, to be aware of your surroundings, but unable to control your own body. These people are prisoners in their own dead bodies and not able to stop themselves.
For anyone that likes a good zombie novel, then go check this one out. Readers get to experience the outbreak from the very first bite to the last. Also, the government is called into Stebbins, and lets just say that the government doesn't plan to rescue any survivors. The government has guaranteed there will be no survivors. See! Terrifying!!!
My only negative so far would be that I sometimes think the characters do stupid things. Like Dez, there have been a couple of times where I have wanted to slap her or just tell her to shut-up. Now I know that this would be a terrifying situation, but all I ask is that the characters use their heads a little bit. That would make the possibility of surviving a little greater.
So that's it for what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment