Friday, May 23, 2014

Reading Right Now! (#8)

Title: Flesh Eaters
Author: Joe McKinney
I'm on page 186 of 364 which makes me 51% done.
So what I'm Reading Right Now! is Flesh Eaters by Joe McKinney. This is actually the third book in a series, which I didn't know before I picked it up, but I think it can be read as a standalone and no confusion will occur. This book is about Eleanor Norton and her family, Captain Mark Shaw and his sons, the city of Houston, Texas, and ZOMBIES!!! So the book starts off with disaster on a pretty massive scale for Houston. Houston gets hit by three hurricanes in a row in about a weeks worth of time. The city is flooded and people are badly in need of help. It is with these circumstances that the initial zombies are introduced. Something about the flooding and all the nasty things in the water combined with no food, electricity, and sewage unleashes this virus that strikes the citizens and turns them into the walking dead.
Those that know me, know I love a good zombie tale. This one is proving to be just an okay read for me. My main problem is that I haven't formed any attachments to the characters and I'm not emotionally invested in their stories. If they live or if they die, I really couldn't care less. I realize that makes me sound a little cold and heartless, but the characters aren't really that likable. The flooded Houston is a cool setting though, I'll give it that.
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Hope you guys are all reading something great!

No comments:

Post a Comment