Saturday, April 18, 2015

Reading Right Now! (#27)

Title: Jackaby (Jackaby #1)
Author: William Ritter
I'm on page 40, which doesn't make that far in the book.

What I'm Reading Right Now! is Jackaby by William Ritter. I saw this at my library and loved the cover, so I had to pick it up. This is a story about a girl named Abigail Rook who comes to work for an odd special investigator named R.F. Jackaby. Jackaby deals with the suspicious and unexplained cases. He claims to be able to see all sorts of supernatural beings and prides himself on being able to capture non-human criminals. Jackaby is definitely a character and Abigail is just along for the ride. I had heard this story and Jackaby compared to Sherlock and Dr. Who. I've never seen either of those shows, so I don't know if Jackaby is like those characters, but he's definitely odd.
I pretty much just started this book, so I'm not very far into it. So far, I'm definitely enjoying it. It has a cool, historical fiction feel and there is a lot of humor in it. Jackaby is such an odd character that it's funny. At the very beginning, he reminded me of Luna Lovegood with his talk of these beings that nobody else can see. Jackaby is kind of delightfully quirky. And I'm liking Abigail too. She's ready for adventure and I think she's going to turn out to be a good partner for Jackaby.
So that's it for what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you're reading below because I always like to know. Also, if you read this book, tell me what you thought of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment