Saturday, December 12, 2015

Reading Right Now! (#45)


Title: Tin Star
Author: Cecil Castellucci
I'm about 65% done with this book. It's actually due back at the library tomorrow, so I really need to finish it. I hope that I can do it. I just get distracted by Netflix. My current obsession show is Person of Interest. John is a very attractive older man haha.


I get obsessed with Netflix very easily. There's just something so satisfying about being able to watch episode after episode when I want to. Being able to watch a series through from beginning to end, without having to rush and catch it on TV. But I am a little worried because I've heard the 5th season of Person of Interest is only going to have 13 episodes and it could be in danger of being canceled NOOOOOOO!!! So I'm definitely going to suggest that people watch it. On a similar note, would anyone be interested in posts about Netflix or shows that I'm obsessing over? I'm thinking of filming another Netflix Addiction video for my sad and forgotten youtube channel. I figure, TV is another one of my sad hobbies and I know there are other people that love shows just as much as me.

Sorry for my rambling, I will talk about what I'm Reading Right Now! now. Tin Star is about this girl named Tula Bane(?) who gets beat up and left for dead on a less traveled space station. She is nursed back to health and becomes a trader, living in the underguts of the station. An alien named Heckleck takes her under his vestigial wing (haha I'm so clever and lame) and shows her the ropes of the station and surviving her new situation. Tula is determined to one day find her way off the station and get revenge on the guy who beat her up and left her to die, Brother Blue.

This one is a little weird for me. I'm enjoying it mostly because of how unique it is. In the world of YA, this is a book living in its own corner. I'm interested to see how everything plays out. Tula lives an interesting and lonely life. Her world is just so different from any that I've read before. She's literally the only human on a space station full of different kinds of aliens. I imagine it to kind of be like that famous scene in Star Wars in the bar, so many different creatures residing in one place. So yeah, this book is different, but in a good way.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you are reading in the comments below. And if you are watching anything good on Netflix, let me know that too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment