Saturday, October 22, 2016

Reading Right Now! (88)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


--The Crooked House by Christobel Kent-- Finally finished the books I'd been stuck on the past couple weeks, and could finally start this! This book drew me by its blurb that it's reminiscent of Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, which I loved. I'm about 50+ pages into it so far, and I'm not sure how I feel. I'm interested in the story definitely, but I haven't figured out if I'm going to love it or hate it yet.
This story is about our main character Esme, who at age 13 witnessed a family tragedy. The story picks up 13 years later, and Esme has changed her name to Alison, she keeps her past a secret, and is very to herself. She's currently dating an older man. When her boyfriend is invited to a wedding, he expects her to go, but the wedding is being held in the village where she used to live and the family tragedy took place. I think she has to confront her past and maybe finds out more about the tragedy than she ever expected.
So, I'm excited to see how this goes. I hoping for a twisty, turny, creepy, Halloween read. We'll see what happens.

What I'm Planning to Read Next or Along With this Current Read.


-- Y: The Last Man, Vol. 6: Girl on Girl by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra-- I'm excited to read more of Y: The Last Man!

That's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment