Friday, April 13, 2018

Reading Right Now! (159)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


Title: A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers #2)
Author: Becky Chambers

I just started this, so I don't have any really definite opinions about it yet. I will say, my expectations are low, set for mediocre. I fell for the hype when the I read the first book, A Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet, and I don't want to be disappointed like that again. I thought the first book was fine, but it wasn't as amazing as everyone said it was. Nothing really happened in it. I wasn't impressed. So, that's what I'm going to assume this second book will do for me to. 
It only contains a couple of characters from the first book, none of the main ones, so it's not exactly a direct sequel story wise.
I know it's unpopular to not like A Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet, but it is what it is. I thought the book was over hyped. So I'm going into the second book preparing to feel just mediocre about it. If it impresses me and I love it, Great! If not, then I won't be majorly disappointed.

That's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, looking forward to seeing what you think of this one! Believe it or not, I'm actually reading John Bunyan's The Pilgrim's Progress right now. It's kind of part-play, part-poem, part-story - and not at all as heavy as I'd expected! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I've never read that, but I know it's a classic. I hope you like it!

      Delete