Monday, August 19, 2019

Review: I Hate Fairyland, Volume 4: Sadly Never After by Skottie Young and Jean-Francois Beaulieu


Title: I Hate Fairyland, Volume 4: Sadly Never After
Written and Drawn by: Skottie Young
Coloring by: Jean-Francois Beaulieu
Lettering and Design by: Nate Piekos of Blambot
Edited by: Kent Wagenschutz
Logo Design by: Rian Hughes
Volume Four Book Design: Carey Hall
Additional Development: Jason Young
Published by: Image Comics, Inc. 
Released: 2018
Source: Library

Synopsis: What started as a normal, everyday, child-sucked-into-a-magical-land-to-fulfill-an-inane-quest has changed Fairyland forever. In the continuation of SKOTTIE YOUNG'S saccharine fantasy-satire, Gertrude hands over the spotlight to Larry, Duncan Dragon, and some of Fairyland's other supporting cast, misfits, and forgotten threats.

Collects issues 16 through 20. (Synopsis from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: I can't believe it's the end. I don't want it to be the end. Why does it have to be the end!?!?
This Volume was very fast. I think, but don't quote me, that it was shorter than all the other previous Volumes, and that's always a troubling sign for me. I want the last Volume to be the thickest of them all. I want the characters' last adventure to be big and epic, and comfort me as we go on one final journey together.
I'm very sad that I Hate Fairyland is over for the simple fact that I love it. This series is so fun, so violent, so colorful. I love the art style. It's just a good time to read. And its sense of humor throughout the whole series has been spot on.
This ending, I don't think it satisfied me completely. I felt like the humor wasn't as prevalent in this final Volume. And Gert, Poor Poor Gert, the way her story ended was just kind of depressing.
I'm going to miss I Hate Fairyland so much.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
This can't be the end :(

No comments:

Post a Comment