Friday, September 20, 2019

Reading Right Now! (224)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-- The Kingdom by Jess Rothenberg -- I am enjoying this. It's like a future version of Walt Disney World, but there's a darkness underneath. The Princesses are all Android Human mixes. Extinct Animals have been bred and also androidized. The park is beautiful, it's a fantasy. Happily Evr After is just a step away. 
History Term: It's like the Gilded Theme Park (Gilded Age!! If you know what that refers to, then you'll get what I'm saying)
There are Trigger Warnings for Animal Abuse and a teeny bit of Self Harm. The animal stuff is what probably bothers me the most.
I'm a little bit hooked. It's just a really fun concept. It goes back and forth in time, so you know something bad happened in the future, and then the story goes back to the past to tell the story of how the bad happened.
Also, it fits perfectly for a book with a non-human main character, if you ever have that prompt in a readathon.
I'm gonna read more of this definitely. I don't think it's the best book I've ever read, but it's fun and dark and a tad bit disturbing.

What I'm Thinking of Reading Next!


-- One Dark Throne (#2) by Kendare Blake -- I liked the first book and I want to continue this series. I'm awful about waiting forever between books and I'd like not to do this with this series. Plus the ending of book one threw me for a loop. I need to know what happens.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you Reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment