Friday, September 27, 2019

Reading Right Now! (225)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


The Wastelanders by K.S. Merbeth which is a bind-up of two books

 and  

I'm currently 95 ish pages into the first book Bite and I'm enjoying it. It's a post-apocalyptic, Mad Max style story. It is the aftermath of a nuclear event that has wrecked the world. Survivors live in small shanty towns, everything is desert, and food and water are hard to come by. A teenage girl accepts a ride from strangers and becomes part of their crew, but these strangers aren't necessarily the good guys.
I like it. It is dealing with tons of violence and grossness and wrongness, but it's fun, if that makes any sense at all. It's a lighthearted kind of read in a way, mixed with a lot of death.

 So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment