Friday, October 2, 2020

Reading Right Now! (274)

This week I've been feeling a little down for fictional life reasons. The 100, a show which I've gushed about a lot on my various social media spaces, just aired it's final episode. And I'm not down because the show that I love(d) has ended, but because the final season was the biggest dumpster fire I've ever watched. I'm really disappointed in it. I hate it. I found it to be very irritating and ughh. Bellamy Blake, the character that was my favorite throughout, did not get the ending that he deserved. His character (and the actor) were disrespected and discarded by a petty executive producer. I'm genuinely mad about it. But I will be okay, I'll go on with life. If I ever re-watch The 100, I'll stop at the end of Season 6. Season 7 will no longer exist.
And the petty person inside of me hopes that that executive producer does not get his prequel series because he doesn't know how to respect his characters or his audience. So that's my rant for the week.
What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


City of Ghosts (#1) by Victoria Schwab -- I'm still using my #bookopoly board to pick reading prompts even though that readathon is over. I just really like the surprise of it and it makes me read things that have been sitting around for far too long. Anyway, I rolled and the prompt I got was to read from a genre that's out of your comfort zone. City of Ghosts is a middle grade book, and I don't tend to read a lot of those. I mean, I used to read Middle Grade when I was in Middle Grade, but it doesn't tend to be the books that I pick up now, in my older age.
I'm enjoying this. Interesting factoid (as it relates to me haha) this is only my second Victoria Schwab book. I loved loved loved Vicious when I read it, and vowed to read all the things Schwab writes, but then I never picked any of them up. I won't lie, I've bought a bunch of books written by Schwab, but I just haven't read them. Book Hoarder Life!
It doesn't surprise me that I'm enjoying this so far. It's got ghosts, and I love those kinds of stories. I'm looking forward to reading more of it.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment