Friday, May 11, 2012

April Favorites!

 Sorry this is so behind, but here it is anyway. I had a horrible reading month for April. I blame college for my lack of fun time reading. I am now finished with my lingering essay and exams, so I hope to have a better month in May. I only managed to finish four books in April and one of them was complete crap. I picked my favorites out of the bunch and recommend them to other readers, like you!
Title: Twilight Prophecy
Author: Maggie Shayne
This one was just a plain good vampire read. It was full of action and pretty cool characters. Just be warned that it's 17th in a series, which I was unaware of, but I still really enjoyed it. Also this is an adult book so there's some adult content in it. The vampires were cool and the twin aspect was extremely interesting.

Title: Red Hot Fury
Author: Kasey Mackenzie
I LOVED THIS BOOK! A great adult urban fantasy for sure. The heroine was tough, the guy was dreamy, and the action was nonstop! Also I loved how the author chose supernatural subjects that don't get enough attention in supernatural fiction as a whole. Furies, warhounds, sidhe, and harpies were just such cool creatures to read about. I highly recommend this book! (But not to younger readers because there are some adult scenes) So what are you doing just sitting there? Go pick it up and read it!

Title: Fallen
Author: Lauren Kate
This book was better than I expected it to be. The cover is simply gorgeous and the story wasn't half bad either. The love triangle was top notch, both boys fought for my affection (and Luce's) admirably. The feeling of the book was a little dark and gloomy which suited it well. The reform school Luce went to was suitably depressing. The last 100 pages were pretty darn good. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and recommend it to YA book lovers.
Well, those are my favorites for the month of April. Hopefully May will be a better reading month and I'll be able to finish more books. My 2012 Goodreads book challenge is really suffering :(

No comments:

Post a Comment