Friday, June 22, 2012

Reading Right Now! An Early Thoughts Post

So I thought I needed a little bit of scheduling for my blog and I thought up this nifty new feature. I guess I'm calling it Reading Right Now! An Early Thoughts Post, which could be the lamest title ever but I'm gonna roll with it.
This new post will be my current thoughts of the book that I'm reading right at the moment. This means that I could have just started, be halfway through, or super close to the end. I'll just give my current thoughts on the current book before I write my full finished review.
So lets see how it goes...
The Hidden Child
Title: The Hidden Child
Author: Camilla Lackberg
according to the mathematics genius that is goodreads: pg 329 = 65% done
Okay first off this is the 5th book in the Erica Falck series. That being said, I found out that it wasn't a smart idea just to jump right into this one without having read the first one. At the first 70 or 80 pages I was mega confused. None of the characters are specially introduced, as a reader you're supposed to already know all their back stories. This lead to massive amounts of confusion on my part. I was under the mistaken impression the I could jump in and understand situations and people.
Cool thing about this book is the mystery and the many characters that we get introduced to. Sure the story jumps around from one person to the next, but I kind of like it. And I have no idea who the culprit is at this point. Maybe I'm just slow and not good at recognizing clues, but I feel that the mystery aspect is well played. I also like the chapters where the reader is sent into the past. It's like an episode of Cold Case which I enjoy.
I don't like the main character Erica. She is mean and nags at her husband a lot. She blows up and starts arguments about stupid things. Sometimes she gets on my nerves.
Thoughts as of this second... Not bad. Good Mystery, Bad Erica

Okay, so that's the first one of these posts. Hopefully it was enjoyable and will add more regularity to the blog and won't bore anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment