Friday, June 14, 2013

Reading Right Now! Her Sky Cowboy by Beth Ciotta

Her Sky Cowboy (The Glorious Victorious Darcys, #1)
Title: Her Sky Cowboy (The Glorious Victorious Darcys Book 1)
Author: Beth Ciotta
This weekend, I'm reading Her Sky Cowboy by Beth Ciotta. Although the title sounds a little dirty, I'm hoping it's not. It's a steampunk book and I do like the steampunk genre. Our main character is Amelia Darcy, whose heart belongs to the sky. She loves piloting dirigibles and other air ships. She has no interest in getting married which irks her mother to no end. Her father is an eccentric inventor of odds and ends who dies tragically in an explosion. After his death, the family finds out that they are penniless and Amelia decides to take up an adventure for fame and fortune by finding an unknown important scientific object for the Queen's Golden Jubilee. Along the way, she meets up with Tucker Gentry, a hero of the sky and a handsome guy to boot.
So yeah, this sounds like a fun sort of read. I really enjoy steampunk and the cool little worlds that are created, where technology is mixed with Victorian London. I'm not very far in, only on page 40. I'm liking it so far and can't wait to see where it goes next.
So, that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment