Monday, June 17, 2013

Review of Pure by Julianna Baggott

Pure (Pure, #1)
Title: Pure
Author: Julianna Baggott
Published by: Grand Central Publishing/Hachette Book Group
Released: 2012
Summary: When the Detonations went off, only those inside the Dome were spared the horrific effects. Those outside the Dome became fused with the objects around them, some became part of the ground itself. Many people perished in the Detonations and those that didn't struggle to survive in a dead and desolate Earth. Pressia is one of those survivors. She lives with her grandfather in an old barbershop. Along with a few burn scars on her face, Pressia also has a doll head fused to her body in place of where her hand should be. Pressia knows when she turns 16 that the OSR will come to take her away. As Pressia runs from the OSR, she encounters someone, a Pure named Patridge.
Patridge has grown up in the Dome and is unmarked from the Detonations. Living in the Dome isn't the utopia that it seems. Everyone is watched at all times and if one goes against the Dome, they will be sent to rehabilitation and might never return.
When Patridge learns some new facts about his mother, he gets an inkling that she might not be dead after all. So, Patridge escapes the Dome to find his mother and ends up discovering a lot more than he bargained for.
My Thoughts: I LOVED this book! It was an amazing read and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. There were a lot of times where I just wanted to sit and read the book straight through, but unfortunately school and work got in the way of that. If you're a reader and lover of dystopian and post apocalyptic books, then this book deserves a definite place on your shelf.
The atmosphere and world building are crazy good and the attention to detail is just amazing. Pure doesn't deliver a pretty world full of ponies and rainbows. it delivers a hellish place that won't leave your head. While reading, you'll become part of the story and come to care for the characters and their futures.
This book was awesome and might just be one of my favorites for the year. I highly recommend it to everyone and can't wait to get my hands on the sequel and continue on with this great story. Go Read Now!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 5/5
Pure Amazingness! Full of twists, turns, heartbreak, hope, and survival.

5 comments:

  1. This book has a beautiful cover, and to be honest thats why I was drawn to it! It turns out that i ended up loving the book not just because of the cover but because the plot was so driven.

    Anyways I wanted you to know that i really enjoy reading your reviews and now have a ton to TBR on my goodread shelve so thank you for that!

    You should to my blog @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    Im a new blogger and would really appreciate the followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad that you ended up loving Pure just as much as I did.
      I've visited your blog and have followed. Thanks for the kind words and for liking my blog and reviews. It really means a lot. Good luck with your own blog. It takes work, but it can be a lot of fun. And my TBR is ridiculous too... haha.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. I had very high hopes for Pure but the reviews I'm seeing so far are all a bit so-so. Too bad, but then not every book is perfect for every reader.

    Marlene Detierro (PocketKnifePlanet.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I really loved this book. If you do end up reading it, I hope you end up loving it too!

      Delete