Friday, June 7, 2013

Reading Right Now! In Office Hours by Lucy Kellaway

In Office Hours
Title: In Office Hours
Author: Lucy Kellaway
After finishing Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead, I just really wanted to pick up a fun sort of light read and this is living up to my expectations of it. The subject matter is kind of scandalous in its own way because it's all about these two women named Stella and Bella having affairs. Stella is a 40 something corporate manager at a gigantic oil business called AE. She's married with two kids, but when she's assigned a new intern named Rhys to train something develops. She likes being thought of as sexy and attractive again. Bella is a single mother in her 20's who works as a  Personal Assistant at AE, and has just started an affair with her married boss. The novel chronicles the starts and ultimate ends of their affairs and how it affects their lives.
I'm loving the cover of this book. I love the story it tells just through the cover alone. I also really like the colors. You can't beat a good cover.
 It's a very enjoyable, quick read. The novel moves from Stella to Bella at a fast pace and it just keeps me intrigued and not bored. So far, it's a prefect easy and light read and just what I need after Gameboard of the Gods. I know it can't possibly end well for either woman, but I'm interested in finding out the rest of the story. I'm only 39% of the way through this book, but so far so good.
What are you Reading Right Now! Tell me, I really want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment