Monday, June 16, 2014

Review: The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle by Christopher Healy

Title: The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle (Book 2)
Author: Christopher Healy
Illustrated by: Todd Harris
Published by: Walden Pond Press/HarperCollins
Released: 2013
Summary: After saving the kingdom from certain disaster the past year, one would think The League of Princes would be respected and the Prince Charmings' would be swimming in fame and adoration; instead because of a stolen statue and the bard's making up another catchy and factually inaccurate hit, the princes are a laughing stock. When Prince Liam is kidnapped, The League must band together once again to save their friend. When the straight forward kidnapping turns into something much bigger, The Princes must once again become heros and save the kingdom, while finding a feasible way for breaking and entering into a certain someone's castle. Let the hijinks begin!
My Thoughts: Another fantastic and funny book in this great middle grade series. I loved The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom, so I was super excited to get my hands on the sequel, and it did not disappoint. The story was super fun with everyone's favorite princes out to save the day in their own particular ways. I was so excited to read more of The League of Princes. Each and every prince has a special place in my heart and they always cause a good laugh. I loved how the story played out and being able to spend more time with all the characters from the first book.
I love Christopher Healy's humor, writing, and story. There was a particular scene involving the "dwarfs" and Duncan that still makes me chuckle. I will only say that it involves a reenactment of past adventures and I could just picture and hear it in my head. I love the humor of this series, such fun.
I also want to appreciate the beauty of Todd Harris's illustrations. His pictures are perfect representations of this quirky cast of characters and really help bring this book to life. It was a smart decision to bring Todd Harris into this project.
Prince Liam, Frederic, Duncan, and Gustav have earned a place in my bookish heart. I love them and their adventures and can't wait to see what they get up to next. They are gonna have to watch themselves with this new enemy. I also appreciate how Healy made my feelings for Briar Rose change. I just can't seem to hate her as much.
I recommend this series to anybody searching for a sweet story and a good laugh. I <3 this series and these princes. Can't wait to see what happens next! 
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 5/5
Huzzah, Huzzah, HUZZAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment