Friday, March 20, 2015

Reading Right Now! (#24)

Title: Apollyon (Covenant #4)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Right now I'm on page 248 of 343 which makes me 72% of the way through.

So what I'm Reading Right Now! is the same thing I was reading last week... wwaaahhh *sad face*.
I don't know what it is about these books and this series, but I just feel like it takes me forever to finish the books. I think what it comes down to, I just don't love this series so much. Alex annoys me. I wish I loved it as much as everyone else does, but I just don't.
So I'm slowly making my way through this book and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. In this one Alex and the gang have to figure out how to save the world and take Seth and Lucian down. For me, there is just a lot of boring downtime in this book and really series as a whole. And I don't like Alex, really at all. I don't think she's that funny, I don't think she's that skilled, and I sometimes question her decision making abilities. Sorry to go all debby downer ranty, but that's the only way I can really explain why I'm not a super fan of this series. Will I still finish the series? Absolutely, cause I'm not a quitter, but I think it will just earn a place as a mediocre series for me.
So to add a little bit of excitement to this post, I thought I would include what I'm going to read next after finishing Apollyon, and that will be these two books!

 

I'm planning to read The 100 by Kass Morgan and Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins. I'm reading The 100 with my friend Ke-sha. I have been bugging her to watch the CW TV show because it is freaking awesome and I love it. She won't watch the show until she reads the book. I've been wanting to read the books anyway mostly because of my love for the show. I've heard that the books are different from the show but Bellarke happens in the book! I am one of those crazy Bellarke shippers that wants Bellarke to happen in the show, so if I can get a little bit of the feels in the book, it will hold me over until it happens on the show. Then I'm going to read Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins and just continue on with the Sweet Evil trilogy. I'm planning to try and multitask by reading these two books at the same time.
So yeah, that's what I'm Reading Right Now! and planning to read later. Tell me what you are reading because I would love to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment