Friday, May 1, 2015

Reading Right Now! (#28)

Title: The Sin Eater's Daughter (The Sin Eater's Daughter Book 1)
Author: Melinda Salisbury
I'm on page 45 which makes me roughly 10% finished, according to Goodreads
What I'm Reading Right Now! this week is The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury. I actually just started this book yesterday, so I'm not very far into it yet. I can already tell you though that I'm really enjoying this book. This is a YA fantasy. I don't tend to read a lot of fantasy, but I have been getting more into it as of late. Our main character, Twylla, is the human embodiment of the goddess Daunen. Every month she goes for the Telling, where a drop of her blood is mixed with the Morningsbane poison. She then drinks the mixture and it's her favor with the gods that keeps her alive and immune from the deadly poison. After drinking the poison, she can kill anyone she touches. The castle uses her to execute criminals and traitors. Twylla is haunted by what she has to do, but the life of her family hangs in the balance.
It's just very interesting and good so far. The Queen is this book is super scary and intense. She has no problem killing and punishing all the people. So far, she's cut off fingers and toes of servants for displeasing her and set bloodthirsty hounds on a Lord who used to be in her favor. Like this Queen is seriously messed up. I'd definitely recommend this one so far, it's really good. It also doesn't feel like YA, which can sometimes be refreshing.
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you are reading below.

No comments:

Post a Comment