Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Debut Novels

This weeks Top 5 Wednesday is the Top 5 Debut Novels. Now my list contains books that I loved, of course. I will admit that I'm not sure if all of these are debut novels. They might not technically be the author's first book. I do think all of these are debuts for the genres/age groups that they are in. I'm too lazy to do the really meticulous research is what it comes down too. So here are my Top 5 Debut Books.

 
  

- The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd: I am 99% sure this is Megan Shepherd's debut novel and I'm 100% sure that it is totally awesome. I read this book not that long after it came out and absolutely loved it. It was dark, creepy, gothic, and pretty much everything I like. It's the first book in a trilogy and I have since finished the trilogy. The whole series was absolutely wonderful and guaranteed that I would read anything Megan Shepherd writes. I can't wait for her next series, the first book comes out later this month. So this is a book and series that I recommend to everybody.

- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling: J.K. Rowling jumped onto the scene with this book. With this book she became the phenomenon that we know now. This is probably one of the best debuts of the recent past. If you haven't read this book, please do. It ignited a love of reading in so many people and really helped spur the YA and Middle Grade book market into what it is today. Maybe I'm putting too much importance on this book, but it's important to me. I love it, love it so much.

-The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy and illustrations by Todd Harris: This one is one I'm not sure of. I don't know if this is his true debut book, or if he had written something else before this. But I do think that this is Christopher Healy's debut into the middle grade market. I love this book and series so much. I find it rare to find books that actually make me laugh out loud, and this one definitely did that. I love the princes, their adventures, and the ridiculousness they embark in on every adventure. Go read this book and series, I love it. It introduced me to Christopher Healy and now I'm excited to read his future books.

-Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake: This is another one I'm not exactly sure is a debut or not. This is what introduced me to Kendare Blake, so I'm going to count it. I enjoyed this book so much. It was like the TV show Supernatural in book form, and from the first page I was hooked. A great read for Halloween or any time really.

-Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: I think this was Ransom Riggs debut. I won't say that my love for this book shined as bright as a thousand suns, but I did really enjoy it. It kind of started a trend with including creepy pictures in books. Fun reading.

Those are my Top 5 Debut Novels. What are you favorite debuts? If you want to join in the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday there are fun topics to take part in and contemplate the awesomeness of books. Go check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers!


No comments:

Post a Comment