Friday, November 3, 2017

Reading Right Now! (138)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

 

-- A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay -- I wasn't sure what to expect when I went into this book. All I really knew what that it was about a family and an exorcism. I thought it was going to be a scary, creepy, spooky Halloween read. It's not really that, but kind of. I'm really enjoying the read of it. It makes me feel kind of sad, bad, and very conflicted about this family. It's like seeing a family fall apart while reading this. The stress of a sick child going through some kind of psychotic break, worrying about money to keep the house and food on the table, and turning to a reality show because it's kind of a last resort. All this is told through the eyes, but mostly memories, of the 8 year old little sister. It's just a lot. I don't even really think the older sister is possessed. I think she's just suffering from a severe mental illness, but there's a tiny part of me that's still unsure.
I'm definitely enjoying my experience reading this one.

-- The Shepherd's Tale (Serenity #3) by Joss Whedon, Zack Whedon, Chris Samnee -- Decided to start this tonight too just to have a little something different to read. I love love love Firefly and I'm so glad these graphic novels are around to kind of keep the story going. I mean, I won't rant about that stupid Season 1 cancellation again, but I mean, c'mon!!
This graphic novel is all about Shepherd Book. It's very short. I think it's going to describe his life, how he ended up where he did in the Serenity movie. I'm liking how it's told so far. I think I'll finish this in no time at all.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment