Monday, November 6, 2017

Review: Arata: The Legend, Volume 4 by Yuu Watase


Title: Arata: The Legend, Volume 4
Author: Yuu Watase
Published by: VIZ Media, LLC
Released: 2009
Source: Library

Summary: Two Aratas separated by time and space, having to live each other's lives. One Arata has discovered his destiny to wield a powerful, legendary weapon to save the world.
The other Arata has to survive high school, family time, and some pretty antagonistic kids. Their adventures keep getting more and more interesting.
My Thoughts: Hmmm... I'm mixed. I found some parts confusing, but some parts I liked. I don't think this is my favorite Yuu Watase series, but I'm still enjoying reading it.
My favorite Arata to read about is the one stuck in the present day. He's funny, and I like how he interacts with all the present day people.
The other Arata, the one stuck in the past, his storyline can kind of be chaotic and confusing. I don't always know what's going on. I like the characters and everything, but the plot doesn't always grab me.
I do like how it brings up the issue of bullying. I can sense Arata's misery and hopelessness of having no escape from the torment. It's been one of the best illustrators of that that I've read.
As always, I enjoy the art. Yuu Watase has one of my favorite art styles.
As for this Volume, it was okay. Some of it was confusing, some of it was fun, and the ending was really heartbreaking. It got sad. I won't say it was my favorite Volume, but I'm interested to see where it goes next.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.3/5
Wasn't Expecting That Ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment