Friday, November 10, 2017

Reading Right Now! (139)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-- Ones and Zeroes (Mirador #2) by Dan Wells -- This is the sequel to Bluescreen. Can I just say that I'm a Dan Wells fan! Everything I've read by him, I like. Now granted, I've only read the first three books in his John Wayne Cleaver series, and the first book in the Mirador series, but they've all been really good. I'm enjoying Ones and Zeroes a lot. It's set in 2050 Los Angeles, and it's full of tech and danger. Our main character Marisa lives her life in the virtual world, but that technology comes with a price. The city she lives in is poor. Robots have taken over so many human jobs that it's hard for people to find work. Internet connection is a necessity for businesses and the prices keep going up. Marisa is trying to help her family stay afloat. She's also a pretty good hacker.
This is the sequel, so I can't tell you everything because I'll spoil stuff. I'll say this, Marisa is trying to find Grendel. Her Overworld team has been selected to compete in a pretty big deal tournament. (Overworld is a snazzy online team game), and she's met a mysterious individual called Alain who has ideas.
This has been really fun so far. I'm on page 200, so getting towards that half way mark. So far it's been full of action. It's really fun reading. Hopefully I'll finish this soon, then I'll just have to do that wait for the third book.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you Reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment