Monday, December 4, 2017

Review: Chew, Volume 8: Family Recipes (Chew #36-40) by John Layman and Rob Guillory


Title: Chew, Vol. 8: Family Recipes (Chew #36-40)
Written by: John Layman
Art by: Rob Guillory
Published by: Image Comics
Released: April 2014
Source: Library

Summary: The craziness continues in Chew, Volume 8. Tony gets haunted. Olive helps out. And John is involved in a plan, and breaking the law!
My Thoughts: I Love Chew! Each Volume is a lot of fun for me to read, and this Volume was no different. I think I can admit that Chew is my favorite comic series, at the moment. I haven't found any comic series that makes me laugh more, or that I enjoy more.
Rob Guillory's art is soooo good. I love it. I love how the art just compliments the story. I don't think Chew would be half as good if Layman and Guillory weren't creating it together.
I love the humor in this series. The easter eggs in the background. The pure zaniness of this series.
This Volume was a good one. I was interested in all the stories, all the different missions. I can't wait to read the next Volume.
I love Chew! I really enjoyed this Volume. If you haven't started this series yet, do!! I highly recommend it. Tony and John are the perfect crime fighting duo.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.5/5
I Love It, I Love It, I Love It!

No comments:

Post a Comment