Thursday, December 28, 2017

Review: The Little Red Wolf by Amelie Flechais


Title: The Little Red Wolf
Illustrated by: Amelie Flechais
Published by: Diamond Book Distributors
Released: October 3, 2017
Source: NetGalley Review Copy and Diamond Book Distributors

Summary: There once was a Little Red Wolf who was sent to deliver a basket of food to his Grandmother's house. He was told to stay on the path, not to wander, but he didn't listen. The Little Red Wolf got lost in the woods, started walking in circles. He meets a little girl who promises to help him, and he follows her to a place of secrets. It's dangerous in the woods, more dangerous then the Little Red Wolf ever knew.
My Thoughts: I saw this as a Read Now option on NetGalley and I went for it. So, I'd like to say thanks to NetGalley and Diamond Book Distributors for providing me with a free e-copy to review. All my thoughts and opinions about The Little Red Wolf are 100% honest, and 100% my own.
The cover intrigued me on The Little Red Wolf, it just looked really pretty. I'm so glad I fell for that cover, because I really enjoyed the book. I guess it would be categorized as a picture book, and it was beautiful. All of the illustrations were gorgeous. I loved the colors, how the drawings filled up the pages. It was just really, really pretty.
As for the story, it was dark, but at the same time cute. It was a twist on Little Red Riding Hood, where the wolf is the vulnerable little creature going to visit Grandma. There really wasn't a whole lot of text in the story, it depended a lot on the illustrations to tell it, or really enhance it.
This was a very cute book with fantastic illustrations. I'd definitely recommend it. It's just so pretty! Thank you Diamond Book Distributors and NetGalley for providing me with an e-copy to review.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Gorgeous Illustrations. So Pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment