Friday, December 29, 2017

Reading Right Now! (146)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-- The Diabolical Miss Hyde (Electric Empire #1) by Viola Carr -- I'm still reading thissssssss waahhh. It's been such a slow read for me. I kind of just want to be done with it. I'm almost done with it though, I've got less than 100 pages, yayy!
I'm not loving this that much. The weird thing is, I'll probably end up torturing myself and read the other books in the series. It's this messed up thing that I do where once I start, I need to read them all.
Why am I not loving this book? Well, it's slow, unnecessarily slow. I thought it was going to be mainly a murder mystery kind of thing with a gender swapped Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing. And it is that, but it jams all this other crap into it. I just want to solve the mystery, that's all. I also don't really like the main character Eliza Jekyll. I think she's kind of stupid and mean. She's a man-hater character, which has gotten more annoying the more I've read. I don't get why a strong female character has to bash men all the time. It's annoying. If that's the kind of feminist slant it's going for, I'm not going to raise my fist in solidarity. Eliza has this mindset that she's the greatest, but she's stupid. I also think the world is a little weird. It's this odd mix of Victorian Era Steampunk, which I can be a fan of, but it's mixed in this weird fey creatures element. The two things don't gel well together. And then it's got this almost salem witch trials esque vibe where all these people are getting arrested for weird science and getting burned at the stake. There's just too many things going on. I will finish it though. I will prevail!!!

What I'm Gonna Read Next!!!


-- The Dry (Aaron Falk #1) by Jane Harper -- I'm excited to start this! I've heard good things about it. I also won an arc of the second book through a GoodReads FirstReads Giveaway, so of course I have to read the first one first.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment