Friday, February 16, 2018

Reading Right Now! (153)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-- Shade Me (Nikki Kill #1) by Jennifer Brown -- I'm not very far into this one yet, but I'm enjoying what I've read. I'm about 40 pages in. If I'm being completely honest, it was the cover that drew me in. I think that cover is fantastic. I mean, it's a face, but it has such a cool use of color in it. The color is what makes it, and the typography. It just looks really cool.
On GoodReads, it has sort of mixed ratings. It seems like a lot of people didn't really enjoy it that much. I love a good mystery mixed with action adventure, so I'm excited to read more of this. It's about this girl named Nikki who has synthesia (?), basically she sees colors everywhere. It has made it very hard for her in school because the colors are very distracting. Each letter when she's reading is a different color. Each number she sees is a different color. She can also see colors when it comes to people's feelings or general well-being around her.
When this starts, Nikki gets a weird call on her phone, and is then asked to I.D. someone at a hospital. The girl who called Nikki has just been viciously beaten and is clinging to life. Nikki doesn't know why she would be the only number in the girl's phone, they're not even friends. So begins the mystery and Nikki's determination to solve it.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment