Thursday, February 1, 2018

Review: Arata: The Legend, Volume 5 by Yuu Watase


Title: Arata: The Legend, Volume 5
Author: Yuu Watase
Published by: VIZ Media, LLC
Released: 2009
Source: Library

Summary: The Quest of Arata continues. Arata is trying to get the Sho's to submit to his Hayagami. He has to do this in order to save the princess, whose time seems to be running out.
The Arata in the present is dealing with new developments. He's trying to figure out Kadowaki, who continues to get more hostile. He also meets a new girl that seems to know something about him isn't right.
Two Aratas switched in time with their own journeys. The Adventure continues in Volume 5.
My Thoughts: I liked this Volume. The beginning was kind of ho-hum, but it ramped up the farther it went.
Arata in the past didn't seem to get much accomplished in this Volume. They journeyed, but didn't seem to get anywhere. I really enjoy the Arata stuck in the present. He's more fun for me to follow, and he's such a happy-go-lucky guy. I think it helps that he's clueless to the problems the other Arata had while there. He also reacts to things differently than the other Arata would. He's not afraid to stand up for himself, which really throws the bully off course.
The biggest developments had to come with Kadowaki's character. He's becoming more and more unhinged and dangerous. I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens with him.
This Volume had a big ol' twist at the end, and a pretty big cliffhanger, so I'm going to need the next Volume quick.
I'm enjoying the Arata: The Legend manga series. I don't think it's Yuu Watase's best, and if you've read other stuff by her, this has the same formula, but I like it. The story is getting more interesting, and I'm excited to see where it goes. I'm also a big fan of the art style, it's so pretty!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.7/5
Didn't See That Coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment