Thursday, March 7, 2019

Review: Wesley James Ruined My Life by Jennifer Honeybourn


Title: Wesley James Ruined My Life
Author: Jennifer Honeybourn
Published by: Swoon Reads
Released: 2017
Source: Library

Synopsis: Sixteen-year-old Quinn Hardwick’s having a rough summer. Her beloved grandmother has been put into a home, her dad’s gambling addiction has flared back up and now her worst enemy is back in town: Wesley James, former childhood friend—until he ruined her life, that is.

So when Wesley is hired to work with her at Tudor Tymes, a medieval England themed restaurant, the last thing Quinn’s going to do is forgive and forget. She’s determined to remove him from her life and even the score all at once—by getting him fired.
But getting rid of Wesley isn’t as easy as she’d hoped. When Quinn finds herself falling for him, she has to decide what she wants more: to get even, or to just get over it. (Synopsis from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: This was just the break I needed from all my dark fantasies, horror, and science fiction books I've been reading recently. I needed a break, a contemporary breather and Wesley James Ruined My Life hit the spot. It was very cute, fast, and I thought the romance was pretty adorable.
One thing about our main character Quinn, she is good at holding a grudge. For years she has held onto the belief that Wesley James ruined her life and broke apart her family. It doesn't seem to matter that there were other factors that caused her family to crumble, Wesley is the one that's going to get all the blame. And Wesley is not expecting that level of hostility when he comes back to town, he thinks that it will be simple to just be friends with Quinn again. Poor naive Wesley. So while I didn't necessarily agree with Quinn that Wesley deserved all that blame, I admired her determination.
I really enjoyed the setting of the Tudor Tymes medieval restaurant. It was really fun and I could picture that atmosphere while I was reading it. I don't necessarily understand why Wesley got to be a pirate though, but maybe that's just because I don't know my medieval history.
I enjoyed Quinn's attempts at sabotaging poor Wesley. She was ruthless! Wesley had no idea what was in store for him. One of her attempts really grossed me out and just further cemented the fact that when you go out to eat, you have no control over what is done to your food.
I enjoyed the romance that happened between Wesley and Quinn. It was cute. They were cute. I was a little worried when the girl from Wesley's past sauntered in, just because I don't really like romances that have a cheating element to them, or a current girlfriend who is kind of a block to the two main characters romance, but it was all okay in the end.
I really felt for Quinn when it came to her family struggles. She was in such a hard spot. Sometimes she made bad choices that I wanted to stop her from doing, but I could see how she thought she was helping her family.
This book was sooo cute and I really enjoyed it. It was fast, fun, cute, and funny. It's a clean romance that starts out very hate to love. I liked it a lot and I'd recommend it if you're looking for something light and fluffy to read.

BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment