Friday, November 29, 2019

Reading Right Now! (233)

What a week. What a week. All the family that we had staying over has left. I'm really glad that they all came, but it is nice to have the house back to normal again. 
I was mediocre at reading this week. I really didn't get a lot of pages done, so hopefully I can knock some stuff out and start some new stuff.
So, what I'm Reading Right Now! is...

 

Mirage (#1) by Somaiya Daud -- I don't know what to say about this one. I'm kind of meh about it, but it's still interesting(ish) at the same time. Not a lot is happening. It's a fast enough read, but there's just not a lot of action in it. Very ho-hum in just traveling to different places, staying for a little while, and then traveling back.  Almost boring, but not. It's also a weird mix of sci-fi/tribal desert kind of thing, and I don't think it's explained very well. I don't really know where I am in this world, the scope of it, I feel like that could be done better. I'm conflicted. It is a beautiful book design though, I will give it that.
I'm very close to being finished though, which is cool.

Kill Creek by Scott Thomas -- I haven't started this one just yet, but it's going to happen very soon. I figure, what better book for the holidays then a bunch of horror writers staying in a creepy, haunted house in the middle of Kansas! That just screams festive. I don't know if this will spook me, but I'm looking forward to it.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading? Also, happy Thanksgiving/Black Friday/start of the festive season!

No comments:

Post a Comment