Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Review: Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson #2) by Patricia Briggs


Title: Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson #2)
Author: Patricia Briggs
Published by: Ace
Released: 2007
Source: Library

Synopsis: Under the rule of science, there are no witch burnings allowed, no water trials or public lynchings. In return, the average law-abiding, solid citizen has little to worry about from the things that go bump in the night. Sometimes I wish I was an average citizen...
Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.
But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him. (Synopsis from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: This series is so much fun and I enjoy it a lot. I really like the character of Mercy Thompson. 
Blood Bound starts off action packed and keeps it up until the last page. Mercy does a favor for a friend, and it turns into something much bigger then she thought. More dangerous too.
I really enjoyed this second book in the Mercy Thompson Series. Patricia Briggs writing just draws me in and I'm hooked to the story.
Most of this book was just Mercy and the vampires. Adam and Samuel kind of took a backseat. I mean, they were there, but not the meat of the story.
It did feel like there was a lot of build up and then the end just came very quickly. I thought it was going to be harder than it turned out to be.
I'm not sure how I feel about the romance in this one. Let's just say that Mercy has a lot of suitors and it almost becomes kind of amusing. I don't know if you've ever read those stories where an average kind of girl is just like irresistible to all the men around her, cause that's kind of what this reminds me of. It almost turned into a romantic square in this one, which was a little strange. I know who I want Mercy to end up with in the end.
I'm definitely excited to continue on with the Mercy Thompson Series. I really like it. It's fun!

BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Wolves, Vampires, and Demons Oh My!

No comments:

Post a Comment