Monday, March 2, 2020

February 2020 Reading Wrap-Up!

Oh February, you wound me. I did not have a stellar reading month in February. I kind of suspected that I wouldn't, but that doesn't make it any less sad. Work really ran me over in February. There was a big project, 10 hour days, and I was just tired by the time I got home. The project lasted three weeks, so that was pretty much all of February. I only managed to read three books, but it's fine.
I probably could have finished more if I didn't get distracted by social media, and if I listened to audio books. I know people that listen to audio books manage to finish a lot of books. That is because they are able to do other things while listening to the stories. I've gotta be honest though, I'm not an audio book person. I know myself, and I know that my mind would wander while listening to audio books. I don't think they are for me. And I'm not saying that listening to audio books isn't reading, but listening to audio books is easier then physically reading a book. I went on a tangent there, but that's my controversial opinion for the day.
Anyway, on to what I read in February!

 


Railhead (#1) by Philip Reeve -- I really liked this one. It was very unique, fun. I've definitely got to get my hands on the sequel because I want to know what happens next. It had space, cool trains, and I just really enjoyed it.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.5/5

Heroine Worship (#2) by Sarah Kuhn -- I wish I loved this story as much as I love the covers for this series. This was just meh. It was the same feeling that I had about the first one. This is told from the POV of Aveda Jupiter, who I didn't really enjoy in the first book. She's a diva, she can be kind of annoying, so I was wary, but I didn't despise her as much as I thought I was going to. She had a really sweet romance in this, that was probably my favorite part.
Probably my biggest gripe with this was the plot, it was stupid. I'm not saying that just to be mean or harsh, it's just the truth. It was a dumb plot. There was also the overuse of the term "puppy demon," and it was the worst. I'm still planning on continuing with the series, but I think it's just going to be one of those meh ones.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5

Stormrise by Jillian Boehme -- This book was okay. I liked that it was a standalone fantasy, that's a rare bird. It reminded me a lot of Mulan throughout the first half. Some people could say it was a direct copy of Mulan, but I didn't mind it. I like Mulan. Then it brought in the dragons. Now these dragons were not what I was expecting. They had hair, six legs, I don't know if they could fly or just run really fast. It was interesting. I did enjoy it.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5


FAVORITE BOOK OF THE MONTH


Railhead by Philip Reeve!!

And that was how my reading went in February. I'm hoping to read more in March. I've already finished one book, so I don't feel hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment