Friday, April 3, 2020

Reading Right Now! (250) O.W.L.S. Magical Readathon 2020!

So I decided that I would like to take part in the O.W.L.S. Magical Readathon 2020. If you know nothing about this readathon go check out Book Roast's Video Announcement! I've seen this readathon going around the past couple of years and always thought about taking part, but it seemed complicated. Go watch the video, because she does a much better job of explaining it then I ever could.
I'm going to try to go for the career of Potioneer, which requires me to complete five subjects, which means I have to read five books.
So, what I'm Reading Right Now! is...


My first O.W.L.S. Subject is Arithmancy: Magical qualities of number 2: balance/opposites - read something outside of your favorite genre.

I decided to read A Curious Beginning (#1) by Deanna Raybourn. This is the first book in the Veronica Speedwell series and I've heard great things about it. As of this moment, I'd put my favorite genre as sci-fi/fantasy books, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy other genres. A Curious Beginning is a historical mystery, adventure kind of thing. I felt that the prompt was worded in such a way that this could work. I like Historical Mystery Fiction, but I wouldn't say it was my favorite.
I really just started this, so I'm excited to read more of it. 
This readathon runs from April 1-30th which is good, because I've been a little slacking so far.
I thought for a second that I would get to stay home from work because of this Corona Virus,  seeing as I don't work in an essential business, but I was wrong. I've been going to work every weekday, which cut into the reading. I'm very happy that I have a job, a paycheck, but I won't lie that there's a part of me that wishes I could quarantine like everybody else. But I would probably get bored and maybe not even read if I was doing that.

That's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading? Are you taking part in any readathons? Oh and #TeamSlytherin

No comments:

Post a Comment