Friday, April 10, 2020

Reading Right Now! (251) O.W.L.S. Magical Readathon 2020!

Hooray for a long weekend!! I've finished one book so far for my O.W.L.S., which is great! I've got my second O.W.L.S. book started.
What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


Care of Magical Creatures -- Hippogriffs: creature with a beak on the cover

Woven in Moonlight by Isabel Ibanez -- I will admit, the biggest draw for this book is the cover. It's very cute. It also fits this prompt perfectly because it has two beaked creatures on it! I wanted to pick a book from the library books I currently had checked out, and it was a little hard finding one with beaked creatures on the cover.
I don't know how I feel about the overall story so far. It's kind of hot and cold. Vicious and lighthearted. Maybe what's throwing me off is the relationship that hasn't happened yet, but you know it's coming. Our main character is a prisoner in this kingdom and she notices how cute her guards are very quickly. It just felt a little odd to me. It was like one minute he's throwing her against a wall to check her for hidden weapons, and the next she's noticing how sharp and attractive his cheekbones are. 
Maybe my feelings also have to do with the writing. I really like the writing. It has an easy style to it. It's just one moment it tries to be hard, and the next it goes for cute. Am I crazy? I'm probably crazy. 
This book has really good ratings on Goodreads. I'm excited to read more of it.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! plus my O.W.L.S. Magical Readathon status. What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment