Monday, May 4, 2020

April 2020 Wrap-Up!

Here are all the books that I read in April 2020. I didn't read as much as I did last month, but I did read more novels instead of comics/graphic novels. I also started and finished the O.W.L.S. Magical Readathon, so I'm excited about that. I successfully completed my career for Potioneer.


Like Never and Always by Ann Aguirre -- I was pretty interested in this one. It had a really intriguing plot and I liked the writing style. I'm not sure how I feel about the two brothers angle, but I do like the one she chose. Definitely reading more by Ann Aguirre. BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

O.W.L.S. MAGICAL READATHON 2020
Career of Potioneer

  
 


A Curious Beginning (Veronica Speedwell #1) by Deanna Raybourn -- Subject: Aritmancy - Read a book outside of your favorite genre. This grew on me the more I read it. It was a book full of chaos and I liked it. Definitely going to continue with this series. It started out a little slow, but it pulled me in. 
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.8/5

Woven in Moonlight by Isabel Ibanez -- Subject: Care of Magical Creatures - a book with a beak on the cover.  This was cute. I thought it was fun. There were times when it tried to go hard and violent, and I just don't think it gelled well with the rest of the book. I liked all the magical gifts, but I can't say that I understood why or how these people had magic. This was mainly a cover grab, but I did like the story.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.8/5

Switchback (Nightshades #2) by Melissa F. Olson -- Subject: Charms - a book with a white cover. I liked this book too. This one was a dark and gritty urban fantasy. It's a special FBI Unit that investigates vampire crimes, and they have a vampire on the team. It was a super fast read and I'm intrigued to read the last book and see how it all ends.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

Motor Crush, Volume 1 by Brenden Fletcher, Cameron Stewart, and Babs Tarr -- Subject: Herbology - a book with a title that starts with the letter M. I really liked the art style in this and the story was interesting too. I'll be on the lookout for Volume 2 whenever my library reopens.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

Hammers on Bone (Persons Non Grata #1) by Cassandra Khaw -- Subject Potions: A book under 150 pages. This was a little strange, but overall I liked it. It was very Lovecraftian in its horror, which means there were so many gross eyeballs. An interesting story and I'd be curious to check out more.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5


Diamond City (#1) by Francesca Flores -- This was pretty good. There was a lot of action, a lot of adventure. I was a little slow in reading through this, but I think it was me instead of the book. I'm interested to see where the sequel goes.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.8/5

And that is everything I read in April 2020! I pretty much liked everything, so that was good. I'm happy that I finished my O.W.L.S. and am now excited for when the N.E.W.T.S. happen. It's a really fun readathon, and I definitely recommend you take part in it. Hopefully I have a good reading month in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment