Friday, July 10, 2020

Reading Right Now! (262)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller -- This is described as a Slytherin Romance, and that description fits it so well. Our main character, Alessandra is determined to woo the Shadow King into falling in love with her, become Queen, and then kill him. Unlike a lot of fantasy stories where it's a sort of chosen one vibe where they have to overthrow an evil ruler, Alessandra isn't trying to topple an evil regime or save anybody, she just wants power and recognition.
In a way, I was kind of surprised just how bad Alessandra is. I thought she'd just be your usual mean girl, but nooooo. She will do just about anything to get what she wants. She is very conniving, dangerous, ruthless, and impressive in her own way. I'm really enjoying reading about her. I feel like I should be worried about myself for saying that. She is pretty awful, but I can't help but admire her drive. She is a true Slytherin mastermind. I myself am a Slytherin, but I could never be her level of Slytherin.
The Shadow King is supposed to be a really bad guy too, but I haven't seen his level of villain yet.
I'm liking this a lot. It doesn't give a lot of world building, explanation of magic, or that much action wise, but it's just really fun seeing just how conniving Alessandra is going to be. Some of the stuff she does makes me laugh with just how rude or awful it is. So far, this is living up to the hype for me.

That's what I'm Reading RIght Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment